Location: Anywhere with an accessible airport.
U.S. Citizen: Yes
Clearance: Preferred or ability to obtain (DHS)
Must be willing to travel up to 75% within the U.S.
- Candidate will drive complex deployments of Splunk while working side by side with the customers to solve their unique problems across a variety of use cases.
- Collaborate across the entire Splunk organization to bring access to product and technical teams to get the right solution delivered and drive future innovation gathered from customer input.
- Leverage previous experiences, share best practices and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk.
- 1-2 years of experience with data analysis, log analysis, logging solutions, system/network monitoring.
- Ability to assess customer’s situation, business needs, complex problems, and provide a solution forward.
- Experience with Unix, Linux or Windows operating systems; comfortable on the command line interface
- Ability to stop, collaborate and listen with technical and non-technical consumers from IT administrators to executive level stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and self-educating, able to function independently as needed. Also, need to be able to collaborate with fellow Splunk engineers as well as customers. Ability to function independently and in a team is a MUST.
- Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities.
- Able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
Desired Skills and Traits
- Strong oral and written communication skills: including documentation.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with customer stakeholders and define their needs and translate those needs into Splunk queries and dashboards.
- Working knowledge or recent experience with scripting languages (i.e., Bash, Perl, or Python) or application development (JAVA, Python, .NET)
- Relational databases (queries, reports, views)
- Analytical tools.
- SIEM tools.
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications (especially in the areas of security and finance).
- Systems engineering experience.
- Data mining experience.
- Splunk Architect Certification.
- Previous training or hands on experience with Splunk.
- Operational experience with any of the following (or related) areas: network engineering, Linux/Unix systems administration, Windows/Active Directory administration, network security (firewalls, NIDS, NIPS, web proxy solutions, email security solutions), systems security (to include HIPS/HIDS), security analyst, storage engineering/administration, virtualization engineering/administration, mail servers (Exchange, Sendmail, Postfix, etc.), data modeling/pivot tables.
- Experience with Regular Expressions (REGEX).
- Previous experience with a software configuration management system (subversion, git, hub, cvs, chef, puppet, SCCM, etc.).
- Microsoft, Linux or networking certifications
- Statistical and analytical modeling or Business Intelligence.
- Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance.
SPEAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports transitioning service members, veterans and individuals with disabilities. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package. Come join our dynamic team!
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
To apply for this position, please visit Spear’s Career Center.