Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
U.S. Citizen: Yes
Spear, Inc. is seeking Service Desk Agents/Computer Operators in the Salt Lake City area to support a large Army Enterprise Service Desk contract. The successful candidates must have prior IT Service Desk operations experience. This is an excellent opportunity that provides growth opportunities with on-the-job learning and mentorship. The role will serve as the initial point of contact and will gather and analyze information about the user’s issue to answer basic questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, and usage of assigned products to determine the best way to resolve their problem. Provides technical support of hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or applications. Assists with navigating around application menus, may be required to remote into customer’s computer. Troubleshoot network connectivity issues, working with remote employees on a corporate network.
- Must hold active DoD Secret clearance or higher.
- Security+ certification.
- Previous computer technical support.
- Understanding of Active Directory to unlock and reset passwords.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of Service Desk software and hardware technologies.
- Proficient with troubleshooting all Windows Operating systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve email issues, specifically MS Outlook.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing. Telephone and listening skills.
- Outstanding customer skills, with the ability to empathize and professionally troubleshoot and resolve customer’s issues.
Highly Desirable Skills
- Knowledge of Service Desk and Contact Center environment.
- A+, Net+ or other similar certifications
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certification.
- Dell or other industry identified certifications are preferred.
- Prior Experience with customer service and technical support.
- Previous computer technical support preferred.
- Time Management skills.
Education and Certifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must perform well as part of a team under direct supervision.
- Successful completion and results of Background investigation and drug screening.
- Excellent written and verbal communications
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Type “Service Desk Agent L1” in the Subject line.