Spear, Inc. is seeking a Logistics/Materials Handler to support a key Federal customer. The successful candidate will be loading and unloading materials to or from pallets, trays, racks, shelves and carts according to work orders; will identify, count, incoming and outgoing shipment materials; verify against bills-of-lading, invoices and orders, document and photograph any damaged packages, print bar-coded labels and shipping labels; prepare packing lists, bills-of-lading and shipping documentation, perform all work according to ISO procedures as well as company processes and safety guidelines. This candidate will maintain adequate inventory of kitted parts for assembly in production area, enter receive/shipping information into shipping/receiving system, prepare piece part orders for shipments, maintain stock locations in inventory system, maintain a clean work area, and perform cycle count inventories. This is a daytime position; some overtime may be required. A high school Diploma/ GED is required, with a minimum of 1-3 years material handling and packaging experience in a distribution/warehouse environment required, great data entry skills as well as basic computer skills.
- Receiving, Inspection, Packaging, Shipping Coordination
- Participates in Physical Inventories
- Maintains Inventory Records
- Familiarity with FedEx or similar shipping systems.
- Public Trust Clearance or eligibility for clearance
Education and Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED/Tech School
- Receives and checks for damaged goods; verifies quantity and quality of order; verifies items received with purchase order; wraps, packages, and ships equipment/supplies.
- Participates in physical inventories, maintains inventory records.
- 1-3 years Material Handling and packaging experience in a distribution/warehouse environment required, great data entry skills; basic computer skills.
- Background check & drug test required. Must be eligible for a Public Trust Clearance.
To apply for this position, visit Spear’s Career Center
Spear, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.