Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
U.S. Citizen: Yes
Clearance: DOD Secret or higher
Spear, Inc. is seeking Desktop Support Agents T1 to support our Army customer in the Washington DC area. The successful candidate must have prior IT Service Desk Management or operations experience. As a first evel support, this role will be required to assist with managing escalated customer issues, mentoring junior team members and delivery of technical ongoing and new starter training, as required. Our Service Desk Agent will deal with all contacts to the Service Desk/Managed Service Center including complex calls requiring a wide range of technical knowledge and interpersonal skills to assist diagnose and resolve issues. They will deliver consistently high levels of customer services. Respond to and resolve customer requests, in relation to software, hardware and network operations difficulties by providing fast, efficient and friendly customer service. Accurate documentation of interactions, incidents and problems is required. Maintain data accuracy in the relevant contact management system. Provide clients with problem reference numbers and request numbers. Understanding of various media sources that interface with the Service Center. Support multiple clients through customer service professionalism and insight.
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance or higher.
- Security+ certification
- A+ or Security Plus certification required
- Responsible for ensuring the timely process through which incidents and problems are managed. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up steps.
- Working knowledge of data and voice network concepts and Service Desk and Contact Center environment.
- Ability to provide guidance/training for less experienced personnel.
- Expert in MS Office and other standard software.
- Proficient knowledge of Active Directory to unlock and reset passwords.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of Service Desk software and hardware technologies.
- Proficient knowledge of LAN/WAN networking technologies.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, both technical and non-technical.
Highly Desirable Skills
- Must be able to clearly articulate customer requirements and interface with a variety of customer levels and third party service providers.
- Must have good interpersonal organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent and effective communication (written and oral). Telephone and listening skills.
Education and Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- Security + Certification
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- ITIL Foundations
- Must be able to provide proof of all certifications
- Must perform well as part of a team under direct supervision.
- Successful completion and results of Background investigation and drug screening.
To apply for this position, visit Spear’s Career Center.
Spear, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.